William B. Fisher is a construction lawyer based in Tysons Corner, Virginia. Formerly he was with Wickwire Gavin, PC, and Nossaman, LLP, and is now Counsel with ConstructionRisk Counsel, PLLC. With nearly 30 years of experience in the construction and project development field, his practice includes providing consulting services to owners, engineers, design-builders, contractors and trade contractors. He has extensive experience in transactional services, including contract drafting and negotiation, as well as claims and disputes, running the gamut from change order and claim development and defense to mediation, arbitration and litigation, both domestic and international. He also has extensive experience with the transactional side of public private partnerships.
Examples of Mr. Fisher’s experience include:
- Representing owners, design-builders and contractors in drafting and negotiating design-build contracts, construction management contracts, general construction contracts, engineering contracts, and the full panoply of public private partnership contracts
- Representing owners as project counsel from start to finish in large construction projects
- Representing owners, design-builders and contractors in project management activities to avoid and manage change orders, claims and disputes
- Representing owners, engineers, design-builders, contractors and trade contractors in claims and disputes, in mediation, mini-trials, arbitration and litigation
- Representing government agencies in developing public-private partnership projects
- Drafting model contracts and statutes for groups as diverse as the Associated General Contractors and state governments