Sheena K. Patel, J.D.
1950 Old Gallows Rd., Suite 750
Vienna , VA 22182
As a consultant with ConstructionRisk, LLC, Sheena reviews design and construction contracts to assist in identifying potential issues concerning the allocation of risks under the contractual agreement and to identify potential contract language that could reduce overall risk to the professional firm.
Previous Law Experience
Sheena was with the law firm of Gowling Lafleur Henderson, LLP (now Gowling WLG) in Canada where her experience included:
- Representing buyers and sellers in asset and share purchase transactions. Handled every aspect of the deal including due diligence, negotiations, drafting documents and closing deals.
- Representing lenders and borrowers in equity and debt financing transactions for both public and private companies.
- Extensive experience drafting and negotiating commercial contracts such as contracts between vendors and purchasers, licensing agreements and consulting/employment agreements.
- Member of firm’s Technology Law Group, assisting technology and start-up companies with their corporate law needs.
- Managing complex files independently, supervising teams of corporate clerks and associate lawyers in order to complete projects and equally successful working with a team of senior lawyers to complete deals.
Michigan State University College of Law, East Lansing, Michigan
- Juris Doctor Law Degree (JD), Cum Laude – 2006
- Dean’s Honor List (Top 15% final year)
University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario
- LL.B Degree (Canadian Law Degree) – 2007
- Senior Editor, University of Ottawa Law Review
University of Waterloo, Waterloo, Ontario
- Bachelor of Mathematics Degree – 2003