ConstructionRisk Counsel, PLLC is a construction law firm with a practice dedicated to:
- Construction Law including litigation of design and construction related matters;
- Federal Procurement and Government Contracts Law;
- Environmental Law and Insurance;
- Risk Management and Insurance Counseling for construction projects and project owners, designers, contractors and others involved in planning, designing and constructing projects.
ConstructionRisk, LLC is a consulting firm headquartered in Tysons, Virginia and providing services including:
- Contract Reviews;
- Contract Risk Allocation and Insurability Reviews;
- Change Order & Claim Preparation;
- Insurance Risk Management;
- Insurance Policy & Endorsement Review and Drafting;
- Construction Risk Management;
- Preparation of Requests for Equitable Adjustment (REA) on Federal Projects;
- Assistance with Contract Administration Issues
- Risk Management Seminars, Workshops, Webinars and Training.
Reviewing contracts for design professionals is a major part of our business. We review, and revise (via tracked redline changes) well over 1,000 contracts annually, focusing on accomplishing reasonable risk allocation and avoiding (or at least limiting) uninsurable risks. Our reviews are routinely completed with 24 to 48 hours so that we don’t delay the design firm in the timely negotiation and execution of the contract. In the Design & Construction Contracts tab of this website we share contract drafting tips that we have developed over many years.
Our free ConstructionRisk.com Report contains monthly legal and risk management analysis of important issues in construction law, including design professional liability, contractor claims, insurance coverage disputes, federal contracts, construction litigation and risk management issues, and much more. The information presented is for general education purposes only and is not intended as legal advice. The search bar or topic index on this website can be used to research legal and risk management topics that have been discussed in our report since 1999. SUBSCRIBE HERE
- A1 – 90 Day Deadline for Filing Appeal to Civilian Board of Contract Appeals Strictly Enforced
- A2 – Actual Malice Is Not Required For Claims of Tortious Interference With Contractual and Advantageous Relations
- A3 – Owner Allowed to Sue Design Subconsultant Despite Lack of Contractual Privity
- A4 – Waiver of Subrogation Upheld to Bar Insurance Carrier Claim against Contractor
- A5 – Contractor that is Individual Member of LLC has no Personal Liability for Negligence as a “Professional”
Our office is located in Tysons, Virginia, which is undergoing major development.
Continuing Education Video Courses
ConstructionRisk.com’s educational video courses include:
- Jobsite Safety Responsibility and Liability
- Contracts for Design Professionals
- Design-Build Lessons Learned
- Working on Purpose – Finding Purpose, Setting Goals, and Managing Time
You may also view the course videos on our Construction Risk Management YouTube video channel. See example videos directly below.
Contracts for Design Professionals Module 1
Discussion of the following contract clauses: Advertising, Americans with Disabilities Act, As-Built Drawings, Certifications, Compliance with Law, and Changes in Services. View the entire course here.
All the Videos are hosted on YouTube. If they do not open when you click on them, it may be because your office blocks access.
ConstructionRisk.com, and its owners, agents and employees, make no warranty respecting the accuracy or currency of any information in the content or pages of this website or any source document referenced herein or linked to herein. Use of ConstructionRisk.com pages is conditioned on the user’s understanding and agreement that ConstructionRisk.com shall not be liable, on any theory whatsoever, including but not limited to negligence, for any damages attributable to that use. In no event shall ConstructionRisk.com, its owners, agents or employees be liable to you or anyone else for any decision made or action taken by in reliance on such content or this web site. ConstructionRisk.com and its affiliates, agents, owners and employees shall not be liable to you or anyone else for any damages, including without limitation, consequential, special, incidental, indirect, or similar damages, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
You are able to access as links from this website to other internet websites not created by ConstructionRisk.com. The reliability, availability, legality, performance and other aspects of resources on internet websites other than those created by ConstructionRisk.com is beyond our control, and we make no representation or warranty with respect to such websites. ConstructionRisk.com is not responsible for the content of those sites nor does it approve, endorse or certify information available at any external site or linked addresses contained herein. ConstructionRisk.com makes no warranty, express or implied, on behalf of any product or service that may be advertised, offered, sold or otherwise made available to you as a result of your use of this website, and expressly disclaims any implied warranties of non-infringement, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose with respect to such services or items.
Your use of this website and all related rights and obligations, shall be governed by the laws of the United States of America and the Commonwealth of Virginia, as if your use was a contract wholly entered into and wholly performed within the Commonwealth of Virginia. Any legal action or proceeding with respect to this web site or any matter related thereto may be brought exclusively in the courts of Commonwealth of Virginia or of the United States of America for the Eastern District of Virginia, venued in Alexandria. By using this website, you agree generally and unconditionally to the jurisdiction of the aforesaid courts and irrevocably waive any objection to such jurisdiction and venue.