ConstructionRisk Counsel, PLLC is a construction law firm with a practice dedicated to:
- Construction Law including litigation of design and construction related matters;
- Federal Procurement and Government Contracts Law;
- Environmental Law and Insurance;
- Read more.
ConstructionRisk, LLC is a consulting firm headquartered in Tysons, Virginia and providing services including:
- Contract Reviews;
- Contract Risk Allocation and Insurability Reviews;
- Change Order & Claim Preparation;
- Read more.
Our free ConstructionRisk.com Report contains monthly legal and risk management analysis of important issues in construction law, including design professional liability, contractor claims, insurance coverage disputes, federal contracts, construction litigation and risk management issues, and much more. The information presented is for general education purposes only and is not intended as legal advice. The search bar or topic index on this website can be used to research legal and risk management topics that have been discussed in our report since 1999.
- A1 – Essential to Engage Your Insurance Broker to Review Additional Insured Endorsement Requirements in Contracts
- A2 – Indemnification and Defense Obligation Applied to Owner’s First-Party Claim to Require Engineer to Defend Owner Against Run of the Mill Contractor Claim
- A3 – Court Affirms that Indemnification Clauses Traditionally Used and Interpreted as Extending Only to Third-Party Claims – Cannot be Used for First Party Damages from Breach of Contract
- A4 – Government Can’t Use Contract’s General Disclaimer of Reliance on Site Information to Deny Differing Site Condition Claim (Metcalf v. U.S. precedent)
Our office is located in Tysons, Virginia, which is undergoing major development.
Continuing Education Video Courses
ConstructionRisk.com’s educational video courses include:
- Jobsite Safety Responsibility and Liability
- Contracts for Design Professionals
- Design-Build Lessons Learned
- Working on Purpose – Finding Purpose, Setting Goals, and Managing Time
You may also view the course videos on our Construction Risk Management YouTube video channel. See example videos directly below.
Contracts for Design Professionals Module 1
Discussion of the following contract clauses: Advertising, Americans with Disabilities Act, As-Built Drawings, Certifications, Compliance with Law, and Changes in Services. View the entire course here.
All the Videos are hosted on YouTube. If they do not open when you click on them, it may be because your office blocks access.