ConstructionRisk Counsel, PLLC is a construction law firm with a practice dedicated to:
- Construction Law including litigation of design and construction related matters;
- Federal Procurement and Government Contracts Law;
- Environmental Law and Insurance;
- Read more.
ConstructionRisk, LLC is a consulting firm headquartered in Tysons, Virginia and providing services including:
- Contract Reviews;
- Construction Risk Management;
- Contract Risk Allocation and Insurability Reviews;
- Change Order & Claim Preparation;
- Read more.
Our free ConstructionRisk.com Report contains monthly legal and risk management analysis of important issues in construction law, including design professional liability, contractor claims, insurance coverage disputes, federal contracts, construction litigation and risk management issues, and much more. The information presented is for general education purposes only and is not intended as legal advice.
The search bar or topic index on this website can be used to research legal and risk management topics that have been discussed in our report since 1999. Topics covered include indemnification, duty to defend, standard of care, construction defects, site safety liability, design-build, guaranteed maximum price (GMP) contracts, construction management (CM) contracts, litigation lessons learned, and more.
AIA A201 and B101 Key Changes between 2007 and 2017 Editions
For a comparison of what I believe are important changes between the 2007 and 2017 AIA A201 and B101 documents, read my Construction & Design Risk Briefing (Winter 2017) edition, Comparison of 2007 and 2017 AIA contract documents, published by Zurich Insurance.
Inside this Issue
- A1 – Professional Liability Exclusion in CGL Policy Barred Coverage for $25 Million Damages Claim from Ruptured Pipe Line
- A2 – Building Code Requirements Imposed Non-Delegable Duty on General Contractor for Safety Guardrails
- A3 – Construction Manager not Responsible for Injuries to a Contractor’s Employee where it had no Ability to Control the Contractor’s Activity
- A4 – CM/General Contractor, as a Statutory Employer, is Entitled to Workers’ Compensation Act Immunity from Suit by Subcontractor’s Injured Employee
Continuing Education Video Courses
ConstructionRisk.com’s educational video courses include:
- Jobsite Safety Responsibility and Liability
- Contracts for Design Professionals
- Design-Build Lessons Learned
- Working on Purpose – Finding Purpose, Setting Goals, and Managing Time
You may also view the course videos on our Construction Risk Management YouTube video channel. See example videos directly below.
Contracts for Design Professionals Module 1
Discussion of the following contract clauses: Advertising, Americans with Disabilities Act, As-Built Drawings, Certifications, Compliance with Law, and Changes in Services. View the entire course here.
All the Videos are hosted on YouTube. If they do not open when you click on them, it may be because your office blocks access.