ConstructionRisk Counsel, PLLC is a construction law firm with a practice dedicated to:
- Construction Law including litigation of design and construction related matters;
- Federal Procurement and Government Contracts Law;
- Environmental Law and Insurance;
- Read more.
ConstructionRisk, LLC is a consulting firm headquartered in Tysons, Virginia and providing services including:
- Contract Reviews;
- Contract Risk Allocation and Insurability Reviews;
- Change Order & Claim Preparation;
- Read more.
Our free ConstructionRisk.com Report contains monthly legal and risk management analysis of important issues in construction law, including design professional liability, contractor claims, insurance coverage disputes, federal contracts, construction litigation and risk management issues, and much more. The information presented is for general education purposes only and is not intended as legal advice. The search bar or topic index on this website can be used to research legal and risk management topics that have been discussed in our report since 1999.
AIA A201 and B101 Key Changes between 2007 and 2017 Editions
For a comparison of what I believe are important changes between the 2007 and 2017 AIA A201 and B101 documents, read my Construction & Design Risk Briefing (Winter 2017) edition, Comparison of 2007 and 2017 AIA contract documents, published by Zurich Insurance.
- A1 – Common-Enterprise Defense Prevents Employee that Recovered Workers Compensation From also Recovering from Other Contractor
- A2 – Indemnity Obligation Includes First Party Attorneys Fees Based on Language of the Clause
- A3 – Architect Cannot Enforce Mechanic’s Lien for Design Services Performed Offsite Where it Failed to Provide Actual Notice to Landowner that it was Performing Services
- A4 – Corporate Asset Purchaser Not Liable as a Mere Continuation of the Corporation
Continuing Education Video Courses
ConstructionRisk.com’s educational video courses include:
- Jobsite Safety Responsibility and Liability
- Contracts for Design Professionals
- Design-Build Lessons Learned
- Working on Purpose – Finding Purpose, Setting Goals, and Managing Time
You may also view the course videos on our Construction Risk Management YouTube video channel. See example videos directly below.
Contracts for Design Professionals Module 1
Discussion of the following contract clauses: Advertising, Americans with Disabilities Act, As-Built Drawings, Certifications, Compliance with Law, and Changes in Services. View the entire course here.
All the Videos are hosted on YouTube. If they do not open when you click on them, it may be because your office blocks access.